NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says there was an undercurrent when Hillshire Brands (HSH) bought Pinnacle Foods (PF) that another entity was about to swoop in and acquire Hillshire. It appears that may have in fact been the case, as Pilgrim's Pride (PPC) came out of nowhere with an extremely high bid for Hillshire.
The question now is what do to with Pinnacle, and Cramer believes the stock was doing quite well and is now down approximately 10% in the wake of the news. He says this creates an opportunity to pick up Pinnacle, which looks "jilted."
Cramer does not feel the same way, though, about AstraZeneca (AZN), which Pfizer (PFE) jilted by refusing to raise its takeover bid any higher after the British pharmaceutical company fought it tooth and nail. Cramer does not like AstraZeneca's pipeline or prospects and urges investors to stay away.
WATCH: More videos from Jim Cramer on TheStreet TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV