NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) announced it will stream its Worldwide Developer Conference keynote next month as it shows off the latest updates of its mobile operating system, OS X, and even unveils a few special surprises such as some updated hardware.
The keynote address will stream on June 2 at 1 PM ET, something it generally reserves for special events, including new product announcements. "Watch streaming video from this special event and learn more about our exciting announcements," the company said on its website.
Apple noted users can stream the video if they have Safari 4 or later on Mac OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later; or QuickTime 7 on Windows. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.The announcement comes ahead of rumors that Apple will announce plans for its smart home initiative, as it seeks to compete with Google GOOG, Samsung and others for the connected home. Shares of Apple were rising sharply in Monday trading, tacking on 1.6% to trade at $624.32. Also See: How Apple Will Use the iPhone to Crush Google, Samsung Also See: Where Twitter's Users Are Going to Come From Also See: Why You Should Buy Apple Now --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV