3 Basic Materials Stocks Moving The Sector Upward
2. As of noon trading, Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) is up $0.38 (1.4%) to $28.06 on light volume. Thus far, 3.3 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.70-$28.13 after having opened the day at $27.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.68. Chesapeake Energy Corporation is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, and development of properties for the production of natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids (NGL) from underground reservoirs in the United States. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $18.4 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 2.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 5 analysts who rate Chesapeake Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chesapeake Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts