NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Himax (HIMX - Get Report) was falling -8.6% to $7.00 Tuesday following reports that Renasas Eletronics plans to sell its stake in a unit that supplies display driver chips for the Apple (AAPL) iPhone.
Renesas will sell its stake to Synaptics (SYNA), according to Reuters. The unit is the sole supplier to for display driver chips in the iPhone. Shares of Himax, which produces display integrated circuit products and offers LCD consulting, are falling following news of the sale.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- HIMX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.46 versus $0.35).
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HIMX Ratings Report