The patent, called Interference Mitigation Method for Single or MIMO Receiver Devices, "covers an innovation that describes a way of providing enhanced protection from interference to devices in shared and crowded spectrum environments," according to the company's statement. The press release also notes a key component of the innovation is that it can be built into an LTE-compliant system.
This latest patent brings xG Technology's intellectual property portfolio total to 60 U.S. patent matters (50 issued) and 145 international patent matters (65 issued).
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. "This interference mitigation patent award represents an important addition to a core area of our technology foundation," said xG Technology CEO John Coleman in the statement. "As the reuse and sharing of spectrum become increasingly attractive options to alleviate the challenge of crowded frequencies, the risk of damaging interference grows. This interference mitigation innovation reduces that risk, thus enabling more reliable and efficient wireless communications. The ability to also support devices on LTE systems is especially significant, since LTE operators are deploying increasing numbers of small cells (micro, pico and femtocells) which can increase the possibility of interference." The stock was up 21.06% to $1.84 at 12:42 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV