HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., May 27, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As a result of its partnership with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC), Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores, Inc. (Nasdaq:SHOS) made a check presentation on May 2 to the NVFC for the $200,616 its stores raised during a charitable holiday campaign this past November and December.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=25568
The objective of the "Salute to Local Heroes" campaign was to provide fire and EMS departments across the nation with critical funds to improve resources in areas where the local heroes need it most."We launched this effort with a sole mission: to raise awareness and dollars for firehouses across the country to fund needed equipment, training, and programs," said David Buckley, chief marketing officer of Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores. "As a truly hometown focused company, we believe there is nothing more worthy for Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores to support than those who serve our community." Through the Salute to Local Heroes campaign, Sears Hometown Stores, Sears Home Appliance Showrooms, Sears Appliance & Hardware Stores and Sears Outlet customers, licensed dealers, franchisees and company employees were able to donate funds that would go directly to local first responders while making a purchase. In addition, $2 from each Craftsman® Bottle Cap Wrench purchased throughout the campaign was added to the fund for the local departments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV