- The formation of the Sustainability Center of Excellence which accelerates the integration of sustainability into business strategies across the company.
- Recognition from U.S. EPA Energy Star Sustained Excellence Program for the 10 th consecutive year, an industry first.
- Donations of more than $61 million in cash and products to non-profit organizations in 2013.
- Included and recognized by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the 14 th consecutive year — listed on the DJSI World and North America index every year since its inception.
- Case studies featuring the company’s sustainability-focused products, including energy-efficient films for tablets, air-barrier building solutions and Post-it® Super Sticky Greener Notes.
- Current sustainability progress:
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by 57 percent (absolute) from 2002-2013 baseline - nearly 100 million metric tons indexed to net sales.
- Recycling or reusing approximately 50 percent of total waste generated annually.
- Water conservation plans in place for 3M sites located in water stressed/scarce areas.
- 80 percent of supplier-spend reviewed in top 10 high-risk countries for alignment with 3M sustainability supplier policies on social and environmental expectations.
3M Releases 2014 Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts