NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Car parts retailer AutoZone reported better-than-expected profit for the fiscal third quarter on revenue that came in line with estimates. President and CEO Bill Rhodes called the period the company's 31st consecutive quarter of double-digit earnings per share growth.
Shares of car parts retailer AutoZone (AZO) were slipping in Tuesday trading despite the company's better-than-expected fiscal third-quarter profit.AutoZone reported a profit of $8.46 a share for the quarter, beating analysts' estimates by 2 cents, according to Thomson Reuters. Revenue rose more than 6% to $2.34 billion, in line with expectations. The quarter included the launch of 30 new stores in the U.S. and seven new stores in Mexico. President and CEO Bill Rhodes called the period the company's 31st consecutive quarter of double-digit earnings per share growth. In a note following the results, Oppenheimer research analysts said, "We look upon the fiscal third quarter results that AutoZone reported today as quite solid. Comp sales rose a modestly better than planned 4%. We believe that AutoZone and the after-market auto parts retail sector are benefiting from recent unfavorable winter weather. AutoZone represents one of the best run and most capital-disciplined chains in Retail." Oppenheimer has a Perform rating on the stock with a 12-18 month price target of $540. At last check, shares of AutoZone were down almost 2% to $530.79. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV