AMSTERDAM, May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced an enhanced risk monitoring and pharmacovigilance solution with Embase, its biomedical database, now seamlessly connecting to PharmaPendium, a source of extensive regulatory data. Embase is the world's most comprehensive international biomedical database that enables tracking and retrieval of valuable drug- and disease-specific information; PharmaPendium aggregates the most extensive drug-related regulatory information that supports critical drug development decisions. Both are part of the Elsevier Life Science Solutions Portfolio.
A single drug search in Embase will provide an overview of key information pertaining to the drug of interest, including a snapshot of pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing reported adverse events. Embase customers with a subscription to PharmaPendium can also link directly into a wealth of regulatory data including FDA and EMA approval documents from the results of their original search query. Pharmacovigilance workflows are improved with risk monitoring based upon more comprehensive data. Together, the two products support more efficient drug development research and more effective management of post-launch risks.
"Whether working on the development of a new drug or monitoring the safety of an existing drug or device, it's crucial that pharmaceutical companies have access to actionable data that improves risk monitoring and saves valuable time," said Daan de Jong, Director Product Development for Elseiver. "We've linked Embase and PharmaPendium to allow scientists to navigate a vast amount of drug safety data and to easily obtain relevant drug information in a single search. Offering complementary solutions is a significant milestone that augments the value of the Elsevier Life Science Solutions portfolio which enables scientists from diverse disciplines to collaborate, accelerate and achieve better R&D outcomes."Embase customers were automatically upgraded to a new version on April 30, 2014. In addition to the seamless connection to PharmaPendium, the user experience was improved other additional new Embase enhancements including:
- Text-filter export - allows users to export filter data up to a 2,000-variable limit to easily produce and share crucial lists; for example, a complete list of diseases found in combination with a particular drug search. Users can also explore potential relationships - including those between specific drugs and devices - based on the literature.
- Streamlined search forms - users can review all search options without scrolling down the page and the newly designed auto-complete function offers suggestions for search terms covering drug and disease queries.
- Faster search - speeds have improved even for users who access Embase from behind strict company firewalls and proxies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV