BOSTON, May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nine universities in the United States and Latin America received grants from Santander Universities for study abroad and exchange programs under President Obama's 100,000 Strong in the Americas initiative. Santander Universities, a division of Santander Bank, N.A., has committed $1 million over four years to support the educational exchange program being implemented by Partners of the Americas Foundation, one of the organizations the Department of State selected to implement President Obama's initiative.
The 100,000 Strong in the Americas initiative aims to foster the exchange of university students in the United States with their peers in Latin America and the Caribbean, with the goal of reaching 100,000 exchanges a year by 2020.
"We are delighted to support President Obama's 100,000 Strong in the Americas initiative through our unique universities network and through these grants," said Roman Blanco, president and CEO of Santander US. "By supporting international education programs, we are investing in our future and preparing students to be leaders in our global workforce."
The announcement follows Roman Blanco's participation this month in the President's Education Roundtable at the White House on strengthening education and workforce development in the Western Hemisphere.Funding for this round of grant recipients was provided by Santander and was open to higher educational institutions that promote study abroad or exchange programs in the Western Hemisphere. The following nine colleges and universities that received grants will partner with higher educational institutions in Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States.
- California State University Long Beach in Long Beach, California
- Edgewood College in Madison, Wisconsin
- Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey
- North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts
- University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado
- University of South Dakota in Vermillion, South Dakota
- Universidad de La Salle in Bogota, Colombia
- Universidad de San Andres in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV