NEW YORK (The Deal) -- IntercontinentalExchange Group (ICE), the Atlanta-based owner of the New York Stock Exchange, announced plans Tuesday, May 28, for an initial public offering of European exchanges operator Euronext and lined up a group of more than 10 financial institutions which will take a 33% stake beforehand.
Those institutions include Portugal's Banco Espirito Santo and BNP Paribas, of France. All are expected to hold onto their shares for three years after the offering.The subsequent IPO will take place before the end of June and be broken into two parts: a secondary sale to institutional and retail investors in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Portugal, followed by a private placement to institutional investors in various other jurisdictions including the United States.
Euronext shares are to be listed in Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels, and then before the fourth quarter in Lisbon. Euronext operates equity, fixed income and derivatives exchanges in all four cities, and reportedly has valued itself at between 1.4 billion and 1.8 billion ($2.1 billion and $2.5 billion).
ICE inherited NYSE Euronext--along with NYSE's Liffe derivatives business--through its $11 billion purchase last November of NYSE Euronext. Already at that time, ICE said it would spin off Euronext by this summer to address regulators' concerns about a trans-Atlantic powerhouse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV