NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Citigroup (C - Get Report) was gaining 1.5% to $48.03 Tuesday after launching Citi Futures and Options Smart Execution, a new suite of futures and options trading features and Transaction Cost Analysis and order monitoring tools on the Citi Future and Options Execution platform.
Citigroup said the new tools will "help facilitate direct client supervision of Algorithmic orders" next to orders placed in the CFOX Graphical User Interface. The tools let clients see algorithmic orders in real-time as the Transaction Costs Analysis tools provide cost breakdowns on trades as they're executed.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- CITIGROUP INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CITIGROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.25 versus $2.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.80 versus $4.25).
- 38.78% is the gross profit margin for CITIGROUP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, C's net profit margin of 16.62% significantly trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 3.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $3,808.00 million to $3,943.00 million.
- C, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: C Ratings Report