Nearly a third of the company's users across the world are expected to be in Asia at the end of this year, as the messaging platform expands rapidly in the region. This is in spite of fierce competition from Asian chat apps and a ban on operating in China, the Times reported.
In its first regional breakdown of Twitter's user figures, research company E-Marketer forecasts that Asia, which has surpassed the US in terms of numbers of users, will have more than double the number of accounts in North America by 2018.
Also, Omnicom (OMC) struck a $230 million deal with Twitter that will integrate Omnicom's programmatic ad buying unit with Twitter's ad exchange MoPub. The deal is for two years.
India and Indonesia are both poised to overtake the U.K. to become the third and fourth largest Twitter populations this year, the Times noted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV