PARIS, May 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bolt Fiber Optic Services, the fiber-to-the-home subsidiary of Northeast Oklahoma Electric Cooperative has selected Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) to supply an end-to-end triple-play solution for delivering up to 1 gigabit-per-second (Gbps) broadband connectivity as well as voice over third-party VoIP service and television services to communities in rural northeastern Oklahoma.
Powered by Alcatel-Lucent's gigabit passive optical network (GPON) technology, Bolt Fiber Optic Services' new network will be around 100 times faster than the average connection speed in the United States. Bolt's 30,000 cooperative members will thus join an elite group of communities around the world with gigabit ultra-broadband access.
Bolt's goal is to create an infrastructure that will support improved education, economic development, telemedicine opportunities and faster business services in order to improve the quality of life as well as attract and keep jobs in their community. Alcatel-Lucent's triple-play solution will also enable Bolt to offer members of the cooperative linear television, video on demand and pay-per-view TV services.
- The service area of Bolt's new network will encompass rural communities, tribal areas and a lake resort area.
- The 1 gigabit service will begin in the fourth quarter of 2014 and is scheduled for completion by April, 2017.
- Alcatel-Lucent is providing its 7360 Intelligent Services Access Manager, 5520 Access Management System, Triple Play Express and Video Systems Integration solutions.
- Alcatel-Lucent is also the systems integrator for the project, providing end-to-end architecture, design, engineering and installation services and 3 rd party solutions for the headend, OSS/BSS, fiber mapping, and Mediaroom middleware and software for IPTV services.
- Alcatel-Lucent's GPON solution enables utilities and municipalities to quickly and efficiently reach Gigabit targets. Its unmatched capacity eliminates the need for additional investments when expanding services over time. Alcatel-Lucent's GPON solution already powers gigabit communities worldwide, including EPB Chattanooga, Bristol Tennessee Essential Services, Hong Kong Broadband Network, and ZON Multimedia in Portugal.
- Bolt Fiber Optic Services video -- http://bit.ly/1jeeUJe
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV