The stock is up 5.16% to $5.30 in pre-market trade.
Goldman said the company is likely to top consensus expectations following its merger with Office Max.
- ODP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 60.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$74.00 million or 21.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.51%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- The gross profit margin for OFFICE DEPOT INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.08%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -2.50% trails that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1537.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.66 million to -$109.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ODP Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts