With supply chains growing longer and more complex, effectively managing trading relationships can be a challenge. But innovative companies like PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited (PTTGC) have found a way to simplify it. Just as consumers tap into social tools and networks to shop, share and consume better, they are tapping into the business network of Ariba, an SAP company, to discover, connect and collaborate more efficiently and effectively than ever before.
“Procurement used to be a largely manual process that required a lot of time and effort,” said Wilawan Songjaroen, Vice President – Procurement, PTTGC. “With Ariba, we have been able to streamline and take it to the next level.”
Three years ago, PTTGC implemented a range of Ariba’s solutions to fuel a standard, online sourcing process through which it could more efficiently negotiate best-value agreements. And to drive compliance with them, it launched a catalog-based procurement process. Today, the company’s procure-to-order cycle is completely automated and transparent. And it is completed with greater speed.
The improved process has also enabled PTTGC to enhance its relationship with suppliers by:
- Reducing the cost of doing business with the company
- Providing greater visibility into the status of invoices and payments
- Providing access to technology to improve efficiency and productivity
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts