The Kors luxury retail brand will report fourth quarter and fiscal 2014 earnings on Wednesday, May 28, before the market open. Analysts expect 68 cents in earnings per share on $815.30 million in sales, according to stats on Yahoo! Finance. The consensus price target is $100.65. Shares traded at $98 at 9:45 a.m. on Tuesday.Traders on Stocktwits.com are pretty positive on the stock. Sentiment is 97% bullish, according to site analytics. It's not difficult to understand why. Michael Kors has seen explosive growth. Last quarter, revenue rose 59% from the same period a year ago, to $1 billion. Profits climbed an even higher -- up 61.6% to $619.5 million. The stock jumped more than 18% as a result. Management has attributed Kors' growth to better brand awareness in Europe, where sales grew nearly 145%, and accessory sales in the U.S. This time around, expectations are even higher. Many investors anticipate that management will raise fiscal 2014 EPS forecasts beyond the $3.07 to $3.09 guided to last quarter. They anticipate same-store sales will climb more than 25%, topping the $3.18 billion to $3.19 billion guided to last quarter. In fact, consensus estimates on Yahoo! Finance call for fiscal 2014 EPS of $3.12 on $3.21 billion in sales.
@readytoinvest KORS was up more than 20% afterFebruary EPS report. This 1/4 won't be as big a blowout. Raised guidance will move the stock ? Rick (@upod2013) May. 26 at 02:44 PM
$KORS $TSLA there r no certainties in mkt. We can only study history n play the %! YUP! Im long for the final countdown Butter to come!! ? J (@Doozio) May. 26 at 08:14 PMThe high expectations have some investors concerned about a disappointment. Anything less than stellar results could provoke a selloff, some argue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV