AMSTERDAM, May 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced it is working together with the African Academy of Sciences (AAS), an Africa-wide scientific organization that aims to encourage the development of research and technology throughout Africa, on a joint initiative to support African researchers' drive for quality research output.
With 233 active Fellows from 36 countries across the African continent, the AAS has the goal to help African researchers enhance their academic profiles and research productivity. Elsevier and the AAS first came together in corporation hosting the conference " Open Access in Africa" held in Nairobi, Kenya in April 2013, and their collaboration has since continued.
As part of this new joint initiative Elsevier will undertake to provide AAS members with access to a host of research capacity building services including:
- Access to the Elsevier Publishing Connect training module information. Topics include: Introduction to Scholarly Publishing; How to get your research published in high impact journals; Research & Publication Ethics; Successful Grant Writing; How to review a manuscript, and more.
- Support for AAS to host live, online webinars to their network of researchers across Africa in skills such as those mentioned above. This webinar program can bring AAS members in direct contact with Elsevier publishers and editors to hear and learn from their expertise.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts