AMSTERDAM, May 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, today announced it is working together with the African Academy of Sciences (AAS), an Africa-wide scientific organization that aims to encourage the development of research and technology throughout Africa, on a joint initiative to support African researchers' drive for quality research output.
With 233 active Fellows from 36 countries across the African continent, the AAS has the goal to help African researchers enhance their academic profiles and research productivity. Elsevier and the AAS first came together in corporation hosting the conference " Open Access in Africa" held in Nairobi, Kenya in April 2013, and their collaboration has since continued.
As part of this new joint initiative Elsevier will undertake to provide AAS members with access to a host of research capacity building services including:
- Access to the Elsevier Publishing Connect training module information. Topics include: Introduction to Scholarly Publishing; How to get your research published in high impact journals; Research & Publication Ethics; Successful Grant Writing; How to review a manuscript, and more.
- Support for AAS to host live, online webinars to their network of researchers across Africa in skills such as those mentioned above. This webinar program can bring AAS members in direct contact with Elsevier publishers and editors to hear and learn from their expertise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV