HAMILTON, Bermuda, May 26, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. ("NADL" or the "Company") and Seadrill Limited ("Seadrill") are pleased to announce that an Investment and Co-operation Agreement ("the Agreement") has been executed with Rosneft in order to pursue growth opportunities offshore and onshore in the Russian market through at least 2022. As part of these proposed opportunities, NADL will enter the onshore drilling market in Russia and enter into contracts for multiple offshore assets. In addition Rosneft will be acquiring a significant equity stake in NADL.
NADL has already contracted to drill the first two wells in the Kara Sea, as part of Rosneft and Exxon's joint venture during 2014 and 2015.
As part of the Agreement, a number of long term contracts for NADL's near-term availability are expected to be signed as well as a commitment to future contracts and newbuild projects. The Agreement envisions initial employment of up to 9 offshore rigs to Rosneft with a total commitment of 35 rig years.Closing of the transaction is expected during the second half of 2014, subject to customary due diligence, negotiation of detailed transaction terms, and respective Board approvals. The Company's operations in Stavanger will continue as today and will focus on the current operations and future growth. The strategic partnership is likely to entail opening up of other regional offices to serve local growth in demand. Overall activity levels are expected to increase significantly and provide employees with attractive opportunities. Seadrill, after the initial transaction, will remain the largest shareholder in NADL. The Board is confident that the Agreement with Rosneft will strengthen NADL as the leading harsh environment drilling company. It will position NADL to uniquely increase the value for all of the Company's shareholders and make it an even more attractive workplace for the employees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV