Gold (GLD) was flat this past week, rising only 0.02%.
There is nothing to say here other than we are getting very tight in this triangle, and while it should break out higher, there is no certainty of that.
A break above $1,304 would be great and is the buy area, while a break below $1,285 would not be so good.
The two positive takeaways from gold this past week are the tightening action in this pattern and the fact that gold was hit hard Wednesday and almost broke below this triangle, but buyers stepped up and pushed gold back higher.Let's see how it goes but we should resolve this pattern this coming week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV