NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Today we crunch the numbers on four retail-oriented companies and one homebuilder that reports quarterly earnings before the start of trading on Wednesday.
Michael Kors (KORS) is the only stock of the four with a year-to-date gain, up by a double-digit percentage. Two of the laggards are down by double-digit percentages. This individual stock volatility is the main reason investors need to be aware of the pre-earnings profiles we provide.
The profiles below provide trading guidelines for the stocks in two "crunching the numbers" tables that follow.
Brown Shoe (BWS) ($25.84), down 8.2% year to date. Analysts expect the operator of retail shoe stores to report earnings per share of 31 cents. The stock is above all five moving averages shown in the first table with the 200-day simple moving average at $24.47.The weekly chart is positive with its five-week modified moving average at $25.03. Weekly and semiannual value levels are $23.83 and $23.76, respectively, with a semiannual pivot at $25.19, and monthly and quarterly risky levels at $26.86 and $32.89, respectively. Cracker Barrel (CBRL) ($99.25), down 10% year to date. Analysts expect the country store retailer and restaurant chain to report EPS of $1.22. The stock set an all-time intraday high at $118.63 on Nov. 25, and has been below its 200-day SMA at $102.47 since Jan. 27, trading as low as $92.84 on May 15. The weekly chart is positive with its five-week MMA at $97.44. Semiannual and weekly value levels are $98.95 and $96.37, respectively, with semiannual and monthly risky levels at $104.88 and $105.31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV