3 Stocks Pushing The Services Sector Lower
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, RLJ ENTERTAINMENT INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RLJ ENTERTAINMENT INC is rather low; currently it is at 23.47%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.59% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, RLJE has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- RLJ ENTERTAINMENT INC has improved earnings per share by 44.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RLJ ENTERTAINMENT INC reported poor results of -$2.30 versus -$0.49 in the prior year.
- RLJE, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 14.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts