3 Consumer Non-Durables Stocks Pushing The Industry Higher
- UG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for UNITED-GUARDIAN INC is rather high; currently it is at 63.80%. Regardless of UG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, UG's net profit margin of 33.74% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, UG's share price has jumped by 27.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- UNITED-GUARDIAN INC's earnings per share declined by 14.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED-GUARDIAN INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.28 versus $1.05 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Personal Products industry. The net income has decreased by 14.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $1.57 million to $1.34 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts