The 10 Most Stolen Luxury Cars in America
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Getting your car stolen is a terrible experience. Not only are you losing (possibly) you main method of transportation, but you're also out a significant amount of money. When you spent upward of $30,000 on a car, you stand to lose a lot if someone decides to steal it.
This top ten list shows which luxury vehicles are stolen the most, and how many of them were stolen between 2009 and 2012. The numbers come from the National Insurance Crime Bureau. For some reason, it seems that criminals really like German luxury cars, with fully half of the list coming from German manufacturers BMW and Mercedes-Benz.
10. Mercedes-Benz S Class, 163 stolen
With 163 vehicles stolen between 2009 and 2012 the Mercedes-Benz S-Class comes in at the bottom of the list. It's also the most expensive car from Mercedes-Benz to make it on the list, with two less expensive sedans taking higher spots.The S-Class starts at $92,900 and currently only comes in one model, the S550. The 2014 S550 comes with a 4.6L biturbo V-8 engine with 449 horsepower. Possibly contributing to its low rank on the list is the standard Mercedes-Benz mbrace2 that turns the car into a Wi-Fi hotspot and lets drivers control some aspects of the car from their smartphone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV