This story has been updated from May 24, 2014 to include Fitness Revolution.
Franchise investing provides, in many cases, a proven model of business that first-time owners can rely upon. Besides a franchisee playbook, parent companies also offer ongoing support and assistance in the form of marketing, technical help and sourcing, for instance. That said, some of the best franchises aren't the most well-known or even the sexiest of concepts. But then again, investors should not be buying into a concept based on brand name or concept idea alone. It's about profitability, and in most cases, working at a job a franchisee has deep passion for that shows in the business they run.
To decipher what some of the best franchises are, TheStreet worked with Franchise Business Review, a franchise market research company to come up with the list. The list below represents franchise names that scored the highest in Franchise Business Review's annual franchisee satisfaction survey that polled more than 400 companies. The survey represents the top 200 brands.
FBR says that any franchise company with 10 or more operating franchisees is welcome to take the survey, which is free. Companies looking for operational performance typically purchase results specific to their brands.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV