The packaging company has a new activist investment from Starboard Value, which took a 5.6% stake in MeadWestvaco.
Cramer said this "remarkable company" has valuable assets that can be unlocked by management, such as real estate and different businesses -- like its chemical division.
While Cramer did not necessarily agree with Starboard's $59 per share value for MeadWestvaco, he did agree that "it makes a ton of sense" to spin off certain assets.Turning to Broadcom (BRCM), shares are higher by 8% on news that the company will look to offload or end its cellular baseband business. The move could save the company roughly $700 million. Cramer added that the unit has been a "black hole" for the company. If Broadcom starts to focus on profitability, the stock is "indeed worth a lot," he concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Google to Launch Global High-Speed Internet Service Via Satellites: Report >>Read More: Seadrill Profits Rise Like the Tide >>Read More: Apple Will Probably Buy Twitter Next >>Read More: Bristol's Immunotherapy Duo Doubles Survival in Melanoma Patients
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV