On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, explained that the share price "did not hold" because of the "gigantic short" positions in the stock.
In the 3-D printing space, he likes Stratasys (SSYS) the most, which has more exposure to the industrial sector.
"The public is way too long 3D Systems," he concluded, warning investors to be careful with stocks in this industry.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell >>Read More: Helping Apple Haters Understand Why Android Is Doomed >>Read More: How the iPad Can Get Even Bigger >>Read More: How to Say You Can't Afford to Be in the Wedding >>Read More: Step Inside the Inner Workings of Swiss Watch King Swatch
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV