NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Best Buy
(BBY) has sweetened its ongoing deals for Apple
(AAPL) iPhones for the upcoming holiday weekend.
From Friday, May 23 through Monday, May 26, customers who trade in any working smartphone can get a FREE iPhone 5s 16GB, the Richfield, Minn.-based electronics retailer says. Best Buy ran a deal two weeks ago that was just for iPhone trade-ins.
The way it works is that customers who trade in the working smartphone, which does not have to be Apple branded, will receive a guaranteed minimum $100 Best Buy gift card with purchase and activation of any iPhone. The iPhone 5s 16GB is currently on sale at Best Buy for $99.99 (normally $199.99), when choosing Sprint (S) or Verizon (VZ) Wireless as a carrier. Best Buy is selling the iPhone 5s for $199.99 with AT&T (T) as the carrier. T-Mobile (TMUS) is not included in this weekend's deals.
In addition, the iPhone 5s 32GB and 64GB models are available for $100 off on Sprint and Verizon Wireless, Best Buy says, making the price for the phones $199.99 and $299.99, respectively.Best Buy is also selling the iPhone 5c 16GB for $49.99 on Sprint and Verizon Wireless. The iPhone 5c 16GB is available for $99.99 on AT&T with the white model priced at $1. Best Buy said on Thursday that absent any major product launches in consumer electronics and mobile phones its comparable sales will be negative for its fiscal second and third quarters.
--Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski >>Read More: Why Best Buy Is Pointing Fingers at Apple and Samsung Target's Big Miss: What Wall Street Thinks Staples' Restructuring Is 'Too Late,' Says Analyst
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV