NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Youku Tudou (YOKU) stock is lower Friday after the China-based internet company reported first-quarter revenue below consensus and guided for second-quarter sales lower than analysts expected.
By late morning, shares had tumbled 6.9% to $19.
Over its March-ending quarter, the company reported revenue of $112.7 million. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected $114.01 million. In its second quarter, the company guided for revenue growth of 25% to 33%, lower than analysts' estimates of 40% growth.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates YOUKU TUDOU INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate YOUKU TUDOU INC (YOKU) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YOKU Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV