For the first quarter, The Fresh Market reported earnings of 43 cents a share, in-line with estimates from analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Revenue grew 17.6% from the year-ago quarter to $431 million. Analysts expected revenue of $419.85 million.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 130.55% to $35.75 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FRESH MARKET INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.12%.
- TFM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.22 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The gross profit margin for FRESH MARKET INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.51%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.46% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TFM Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts