Worldwide, small electric motors – like those in dishwashers, air conditioners and fans – account for up to 50 percent of total global energy consumption. With growing consumer demand for these appliances, power management solutions that maximize efficiency are a necessity for a greener and better future.
To help designers meet these needs, Fairchild developed the FSB70xxx series of advanced Motion SPM® 7 modules. Targeting small power motors under 100 W, these modules deliver industry-leading light-load efficiency (up to 44% better than the leading competition), robust on-module protection, and superior thermal efficiency up to 12% better from junction to case.
Additionally, the FSB70xxx series integrates an optimized gate driver for the built-in MOSFETs (using FRFET ® technology) to minimize EMI and losses, while also providing multiple on-module protection features including under-voltage lockouts, thermal monitoring, fault reporting and interlock function.
“The FSB70xxx series enables a simple, compact, high performance, and more reliable system design for small-sized motor control,” said SI Yong, Director, Motion Control System Team at Fairchild. “It is available in a high-performance PQFN package that can save up to 50 percent of board space, critical in space-constrained applications.”A free online loss calculation tool allows engineers to quickly see how these advantages will improve their design. Key Features:
- Fully-featured, high-performance inverter output stage for AC induction, brushless DC (BLDC) and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM)
- Optimized for Low Electromagnetic Interference
- HVIC Temperature-Sensing Built-In for Temperature Monitoring
- Separate Open-Source Pins from Low-Side MOSFETs for Three-Phase Current-Sensing
- Active-HIGH Interface, Works with 3.3 / 5 V Logic, Schmitt-trigger Input
- HVIC for Gate Driving with Under-Voltage Protection and Interlock Function
- Isolation Rating: 1500 Vrms / min.
- Moisture Sensitive Level (MSL) 3
- UL Certified No. E209204 (UL1557)
- RoHS Compliant
- Air conditioner indoor / outdoor fans
- Pedestal fans / ceiling fans
- Small pumps
- Small power AC motor drives
|in 1,000 quantity pieces||FSB70250: US $4.55||Samples available upon request||6-10 weeks ARO|
|in 1,000 quantity pieces||FSB70325: US $3.98||Samples available upon request||6-10 weeks ARO|
|in 1,000 quantity pieces||FSB70625: US $4.25||Samples available upon request||6-10 weeks ARO|