The company's stock opened higher today after the oil driller and some of its early shareholders sold more shares than planned at a higher price than expected in an IPO., the Wall Street Journal reports.
Parsley and the existing holders sold 50 million shares for $18.50 each, raising $925 million before the potential sale of additional shares to underwriters. That topped Parsley's expectation for a 43.9 million-share offering fetching between $15 and $18 a share, according to a regulatory filing, the Journal said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV