HARTFORD, Conn., May 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Virtus Total Return Fund (NYSE: DCA) announced that its dividend distribution for the second quarter of 2014 will be $0.10 per share, payable on July 18, 2014, to shareholders of record on July 11, 2014 (ex-date July 9, 2014).
Distributions may represent earnings from net investment income, excess gains taxable as ordinary income or, if necessary, return of capital. Any portion of the Fund's distributions that is a return of capital does not necessarily reflect the Fund's investment performance and should not be confused with "yield" or "income." Distributions are subject to re-characterization for tax purposes after the end of the fiscal year. All shareholders with taxable accounts will receive written notification regarding the components and tax treatment for distributions via Form 1099-DIV.
The Virtus Total Return Fund is a diversified closed-end fund with an objective of total return, consisting of both capital appreciation and current income, as determined by the Fund's investment adviser, Virtus Investment Advisers, Inc. The Fund has been managed since December 9, 2011 by Duff & Phelps Investment Management Co. and Newfleet Asset Management, LLC, both affiliated managers of Virtus Investment Partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV