Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: Matador Resources (MTDR)
- MTDR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.0 million.
- MTDR traded 109,437 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:10 AM, representing 11.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTDR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTDR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTDR: Matador Resources Company, an independent energy company, acquires, explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas resources in the United States. MTDR has a PE ratio of 19.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Matador Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Matador Resources has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Matador has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.55 and a short float of 6.4% with 3.99 days to cover. Shares are up 40.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Matador Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 189.28% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 151.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MTDR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MATADOR RESOURCES CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MATADOR RESOURCES CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.76 versus -$0.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.21 versus $0.76).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 205.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$15.51 million to $16.36 million.
- The gross profit margin for MATADOR RESOURCES CO is currently very high, coming in at 79.24%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.11% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Matador Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts