NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Workday's
(WDAY) price target was set at $83 and rated as "equal weight" by analysts at Barclays
(BCS) on Friday.
The firm cited a decline in sales productivity that could lead to mis-execution as a reason for the rating. The stock closed trading yesterday at $76.83.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates WORKDAY INC as a Sell with a ratings score of D+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 80.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$30.94 million to -$55.98 million.
- WORKDAY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WORKDAY INC reported poor results of -$1.00 versus -$0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.56 versus -$1.00).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.41, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 4.69 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, WORKDAY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WDAY Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV