LOS ANGELES, May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ralphs invites customers to join in supporting the men and women of the armed forces and their families during its annual Honoring Our Heroes campaign in partnership with the USO.
Ralphs and other Kroger-family stores, together with customers, employees and vendors, will provide $2.3 million to support the USO's broad range of programs that assist service members and their families. Since 2010, The Kroger Co., of which Ralphs is a division, has provided more than $8.5 million to support the USO – the largest cumulative gift to the USO in the organization's history.
"The USO supports our military and their families in so many ways—from being right there for the wounded, injured and ill, to helping those who are on deployment record a bed time story for their children," said Kendra Doyel, Ralphs' senior manager of corporate affairs. "The USO connects with our service men and women every step of the way, and Ralphs is proud to honor our troops and veterans by supporting them."
Honoring Our Heroes Sales EventThrough July 8, store-wide promotions will feature hundreds of popular products at special sale prices. Customers can support brands that make Ralphs and Kroger's donation possible by purchasing participating items identified by customized shelf tags.All of the funds raised will support the broad range of programs and services the USO provides to service members, their families, wounded troops, and our veterans. A private, nonprofit organization, the USO provides programs, treatment, comfort and much more to enhance the quality of life for America's military personnel and their families wherever they serve.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV