CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy today announced it has signed an agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regarding cleanup of the coal ash release into the Dan River that occurred at the company's retired Dan River coal-fired power plant in Eden, N.C., on Feb. 2, 2014.
Duke Energy issued the following company statement regarding the agreement:
"This agreement represents a significant milestone in Duke Energy's ongoing efforts to restore and monitor the Dan River and surrounding environment. Duke Energy is fully committed to the river's long-term health and well-being. River water quality has returned to normal and drinking water has remained safe."
Link to EPA agreement:https://www.duke-energy.com/pdfs/Duke_EPA_Agreement.pdf Link to Duke Energy filing with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission about agreement: http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/30371/000110465914041016/a14-12843_28k.htm About Duke Energy Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com. Contact: Dave Scanzoni24-Hour: 800.559.3853 Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130322/CL81938LOGO SOURCE Duke Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV