Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) today announced that it has priced its previously announced tack-on offering of an additional $700 million aggregate principal amount of its 5.875% senior notes due 2024 (the “new notes”) in a private placement. The new notes were priced at 102%, plus accrued interest from December 2, 2013. The new notes will be issued under the indenture pursuant to which ETE previously issued $450 million aggregate principal amount of 5.875% Senior Notes due 2024, all of which remains outstanding. The new notes and the previously issued notes will be treated as a single series under the indenture; however, until the new notes have been exchanged for registered notes, the new notes will not have the same CUSIP number as and will not trade interchangeably with the previously issued notes. The new notes are expected to settle on May 28, 2014, subject to customary closing conditions.
ETE intends to use the net proceeds from the sale of the new notes to repay amounts outstanding under its revolving credit facility, and remaining net proceeds will be used for general partnership purposes.
The securities to be offered have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), or any state securities laws and, unless so registered, the securities may not be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from, or in a transaction not subject to, the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.
The new notes will be offered in a private offering exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act. The new notes will be offered inside the United States only to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act and outside the United States to non-U.S. persons in reliance on Regulation S under the Securities Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV