NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Fresh Market (TFM) stock is gaining in post-market trading Thursday after the company reported double-digit growth in sales for the first quarter and guided for above-consensus earnings for the full year. After the bell, shares added 10.8% to $31.81.
Over its April-ending quarter, the supermarket chain earned 43 cents a share, inline with estimates, and sales of $431 million, a 17.6% year-over-year increase. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters forecast revenue of $419.85 million.
For the full year, the company guided for earnings between $1.56 and $1.66 a share. Analysts had forecast earnings of $1.58 a share, at the low-end of the company's guidance.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates FRESH MARKET INC as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate FRESH MARKET INC (TFM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and premium valuation."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TFM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV