For the first quarter Marvell posted earnings of 27 cents a share, beating the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 22 cents a share by 5 cents. Revenue grew 30.5% from the year-ago quarter to $958 million. Analysts expected revenue of $892.25 million for the quarter.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MRVL has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.72, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 122.22% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 35.32% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MRVL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARVELL TECHNOLOGY GROUP LTD increased its bottom line by earning $0.64 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.07 versus $0.64).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 93.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $50.15 million to $97.13 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MRVL Ratings Report