Mead Johnson Nutrition (NYSE: MJN), a leading provider of pediatric nutrition products, and Hand to Hold, a national nonprofit Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) parent support organization, invite parents and caregivers to nominate NICU health care professionals for the NICU Heroes Award. The award honors doctors, nurses and other medical staff whose compassionate care and dedication help lessen the emotional toll of a NICU stay and help ensure the best outcome for baby and family.
According to the March of Dimes, one in ten babies born in the US has medical needs at birth that are so serious that they need intensive care in neonatal intensive care units (NICU). Families of preemies and babies born with special health needs are often overwhelmed by their need for information and support while a baby is in the NICU, and NICU professionals can make a huge difference in the lives of these parents and their families.
“Mead Johnson Nutrition and Hand to Hold’s Second Annual NICU Heroes Awards gives families an opportunity to publicly thank someone who made a significant impact in the life of their children and family,” said Ivonne Monteagudo, Senior Vice President and General Manager, North America and Global Marketing, Mead Johnson Nutrition. “As an infant nutrition company committed to nourishing the world’s children for the best start in life, Mead Johnson welcomes the chance to recognize the outstanding healthcare professionals who dedicate their lives to these youngest and most fragile of patients and perform heroics every day in NICUs across the country.”
This year’s NICU Heroes Awards has been expanded to honor two NICU health care professionals for their compassion and dedication to improving outcomes for medically fragile babies and their families. Each nominee will receive a certificate of appreciation and a copy of their nominating essay.During the nomination period that ends June 6, 2014 at 5 p.m. CDT, parents and guardians can share stories highlighting the exemplary care families and their children received from NICU staffs throughout the United States. They can use the easy-to-complete nomination form at www.handtohold.org/hero. Two nominees will be chosen as winners by an independent panel of NICU health care professionals and NICU parents from around the country. During the NICU Heroes Awards ceremony at their hospital, winners will receive:
- a trophy and certificate, presented at the winner’s hospital;
- a $2,500 donation in their name to the pediatric healthcare charity of their choice*; and
- a one-year subscription to the Hand to Hold Resource Library, designed to provide education to parents during a NICU stay, for the winner’s hospital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV