NEW YORK, May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities law firm announces that it is investigating possible securities law violations involving ITT Educational Services Inc. ("ITT" or the "Company") (NYSE: ESI). The investigation concerns whether ITT and certain of its officers and/or directors have violated Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
On May 22, 2014, ITT reported that new student enrollment in the first quarter of 2014 declined 3.8% to 16,746, compared to 17,412 in the same period in 2013. Total student enrollment dropped 6.4% to 57,125 as of March 31, 2014 compared to 61,039 as of March 31, 2013.
Also, the Company said that due to the uncertainties related to the accounting treatment of the PEAKS Trust and the company's guarantee obligations under the PEAKS Program, it's withdrawing its previously-disclosed internal goals for the 12 months ending December 31, 2014, and investors should not rely on those internal goals.
Following this announcement, shares of ITT fell in intraday trading of approximately 25% to $19.41 per share.Tripp Levy PLLC's investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether ITT or its officers and directors have violated the federal securities laws. If you are a shareholder of ITT and would like additional information regarding this matter, at no cost or expense, please contact us at: Tripp Levy PLLC New York, New YorkEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgToll Free: 1-800-511-7037International: 602-241-2841 www.tripplevy.com Tripp Levy PLLC is a leading national securities law firm that has extensive experience in securities litigation and, along with its affiliates, has recovered billions of dollars on behalf of shareholders around the globe. Tripp Levy PLLC has become affiliated with Milberg LLP. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not indicate a similar outcome.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV