NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Internet coupon provider RetailMeNot (SALE) are falling after a website reported that the company's visibility in Google (GOOG) searches had recently tumbled due to an update made by the search giant.
WHAT'S NEW: According to Searchmetrics, RetailMeNot's overall visibility on Google dropped about 33% in the wake of changes that Google recently made to its search metrics. Other companies that were negatively impacted by the search engine's changes include eBay (EBAY), whose visibility also dropped about 33%, and IAC Interactive's (IACI) search engine Ask.com, whose visibility plunged an estimated 50%, Searchmetrics reported.
ANALYST REACTION: Research firm Jefferies defended RetailMeNot earlier today in the wake of the stock's decline.
WHAT'S NOTABLE: RetailMeNot launched its IPO in July 2013, opening for trade on that first day at $26.50.PRICE ACTION: In mid-morning trading, RetailMeNot sank 10.6% to $27.75, eBay was little changed at $51.69, and IAC/InterActive lost 1% to $62.18. Reporting by Larry Ramer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV