NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- NetApp (NTAP) stock is gaining Thursday after the storage system developer beat analysts' estimates on its bottom line over its April-ending quarter. In its fourth quarter, the company earned 84 cents a share, a nickel higher than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected.
By late morning, shares had added 3.2% to $35.60.
Investors are shaking off first-quarter guidance which fell below analysts' consensus. Over the three months to July, the company expects revenue between $1.43 billion and $1.52 billion and earnings of 53 cents to 58 cents a share. Analysts had expected $1.52 billion in sales and earnings of 62 cents a share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NTAP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV