WAUWATOSA, Wis., May 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) received a BizTimes I.Q. Award for Innovation from BizTimes Media LLC. The I.Q. Awards salute southeastern Wisconsin businesses for their innovative products, services or processes.
The winners received their awards at a lunch ceremony on Wednesday, May 21, at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino Woodland Dreams Ballroom in Milwaukee at 1721 W. Canal St., from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The ceremony took place during the BizExpo, Wisconsin's largest business-to-business conference.
"We are extremely proud to accept the BizTimes I.Q. Award for Innovation," said Todd Teske, Chairman, President and CEO of Briggs & Stratton Corporation. "This goes a long way and reflects our corporate strategy of global innovation."The ceremony featured a keynote presentation from Joe Abraham, a professional entrepreneur and founder of BOSI Global, a firm that operates and manages a $100 million portfolio of companies throughout the U.S. and Europe. Abraham is considered a subject matter expert in small business, entrepreneurship and free enterprise. Lifetime Achievement Award recipient, Gary Grunau, was recognized at the event, and Craig McKee, WISN-Channel 12 news anchor, emceed the awards ceremony. Briggs & Stratton submitted their Innovation Showcase for the Bravo I.Q. Award. The Innovation Showcase is an internal program designed to highlight innovations across the entire company through three categories: Product, Process and Customer Delight Innovation. Team members win prizes and attend a recognition ceremony. The Company is currently about to announce their fourth annual Innovation Showcase for Fiscal Year 2015.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV