- Management Team to Discuss Triferic ™ Iron Delivery and Business Initiatives -
WIXOM, Mich., May 22, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rockwell Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq:RMTI), a fully-integrated biopharmaceutical company targeting end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and chronic kidney disease (CKD) with innovative products and services for the treatment of iron replacement, secondary hyperparathyroidism and hemodialysis, announced today that it will participate at the 11 th Annual Craig-Hallum Institutional Investor Conference on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at the Minneapolis Marriott City Center Hotel, Minneapolis, MN. Founder and CEO, Rob Chioini and CMO, Dr. Ray Pratt will be discussing Rockwell's business initiatives and lead drug candidate Triferic, the Company's late-stage investigational iron-replacement drug for the treatment of iron deficiency in chronic kidney disease patients receiving hemodialysis.
About the Craig-Hallum Institutional Investor ConferenceCraig-Hallum hosts an investor conference in Minneapolis every year where the firm's institutional clients can meet formally with corporate management. Over 100 companies across multiple sectors, including healthcare, are scheduled to attend. This is a one-on-one and small group meeting conference (there are no formal presentations). For more information, please go to this link: http://meetmax.com/sched/event_24083/. About Triferic Triferic is a unique iron compound that is delivered to the hemodialysis patient via dialysate, replacing the 5-7 mg of iron that is lost during every dialysis treatment. Triferic is introduced into the sodium bicarbonate concentrate on-site at the dialysis clinic, which is subsequently mixed into dialysate. Once in the dialysate, Triferic crosses the dialyzer membrane and enters the blood where it immediately binds to apo-transferrin and is taken to the bone marrow, similar to how dietary iron is processed in the human body. In completed clinical trials to date, Triferic has demonstrated that it can safely and effectively deliver sufficient iron to the bone marrow, maintain hemoglobin and not increase iron stores (ferritin), while significantly reducing ESA dose.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV