Stage Stores Inc Stock Downgraded (SSI)
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 82.39% to -$6.12 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STAGE STORES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.35%.
- SSI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.21 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.11 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, STAGE STORES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for STAGE STORES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.04%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -5.05% is significantly below that of the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.