The company today announced that it entered into a franchise agreement with Grupo David, a leading retail corporation headquartered in Panama, to expand its brand to Latin America and the Caribbean with the potential to open 35 to 40 stores over the next few years beginning in the fall of 2014.
The company also announced that its board declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.1325 per share to be paid July 17, 2014 to shareholders of record at the close of business on June 27, 2014.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $74.29 million or 20.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.54%.
- PLCE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.97 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, PLCE has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.10% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, CHILDRENS PLACE RETAIL STRS's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PLCE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV