Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into an agreement with Badriah Investments B.V. to develop a Hyatt-branded hotel within a 16th century castle in Baden-Baden, located in southwestern Germany.
“We are thrilled to have the opportunity to expand Hyatt’s brand presence in Germany, while at the same time, restoring a local icon for the community to once again enjoy,” said Peter Norman, senior vice president, real estate and development for Hyatt in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. “This hotel will add to our growing portfolio in Germany, bringing the authentic hospitality for which Hyatt is known to a beautiful region visited by high numbers of business and leisure travelers throughout the year.”
Neues Schloss Baden-Baden, a Hyatt Hotel will be the seventh Hyatt-branded hotel in Germany, joining Grand Hyatt Berlin, Park Hyatt Hamburg, Hyatt Regency Cologne, Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf, Hyatt Regency Mainz, and Andaz Munich, which is currently under development and is expected to open in 2017.
“We are very optimistic about the strength of our future relationship with Hyatt,” said Fawzia Mubarak Al Hassawi, owner of Badriah Investments B.V. “We are immensely proud to work with Hyatt on this project to restore this beautiful castle. My father, the late Mubarak Abdulaziz Al Hassawi, was the visionary behind this project, and he wanted to revive this unique landmark to allow people to share in both the history of Neues Schloss and its vibrant future as a luxury hotel. We have no doubt Neues Schloss Baden-Baden will be warmly received by both the local residents and visitors to Baden-Baden.”Built in the 16th century, the castle was the former residence of Baden’s margraves, military commanders that protected the borders of the Holy Roman Empire, and later, the summer residence of Grand Dukes of Baden. The hotel will take its name from “Neues Schloss,” or “New Castle.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV