May 22, 2014
/PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Retirement Plan Services has added five new asset allocation options to its JH Signature platform. New offerings include target date suites from
T. Rowe Price
and American Century as well as additional Target Date and Lifestyle portfolios from
"Over 78% of our participants invest in an asset allocation option. Studies such as our recent Participant Outcomes Study show that asset allocation portfolios can offer better outcomes," said
, senior vice president, Marketing and Product Development, John Hancock Retirement Plan Services. "JH Signature offers advisors and plan sponsors a wide and robust platform from which they can construct investment lineups that helps meet the specific needs of their plan. Given the importance of asset allocation portfolios, we are pleased that plan sponsors now have nine different asset allocation offerings from which to choose, including target date options from
T. Rowe Price
and American Century."
The new options are:
- T. Rowe Price Retirement Funds – include actively managed target date funds with broad diversification. The funds maintain significant equity allocations based on proprietary asset allocation modeling and research. The allocations continue to shift for 30 years after the target retirement date and the portfolios consist mainly of actively managed T. Rowe Price funds.
- American Century One Choice Target Date Portfolios – provide broad asset class coverage and diversification with established strategies managed in house. The portfolios seek to mitigate volatility in retirement when market risk is most critical and the underlying asset mix shifts as retirement nears.
- JH Retirement through Managed Portfolios 2010-2055 – are an actively managed set of portfolios investing in passive underlying funds. Portfolios are designed to help support participants' need for income through their retirement years.
- JH Lifestyle-Managed Portfolios – offer participants broad diversification in a single actively managed fund, with passive, lower cost underlying funds.
- JH Lifestyle-Managed Volatility – includes a suite of five funds, designed with the objective to limit losses and maintain volatility within a target range during periods of high volatility.
The new options join the four existing asset allocation options already offered on the JH Signature platform, including our existing "to" and "through" retirement target date options, JH Lifestyle actively managed portfolios as well as the Guaranteed Income for Life Select portfolios. All of the newly added asset allocation portfolios will qualify under the JH Fiduciary Standards Warranty program and are available to new and existing JH Signature plans effective immediately.